Château des Granges
Next to Nevers, Le Château des Granges, stands in a romantic 'Jardin à la Française' based on symmetry and the principle of imposing order on nature.
The Château des Granges, surrounded by a moat, was rebuilt in the second half of the 16th century on the site of the former feudal fortress which dated from the 14th century. Completed around 1605, the date appearing on the pediment of the gate built at the entrance to the park, the estate and the castle became the property of one of the most powerful families of Nivernais through the marriage of Claude de Forgues, the owner, to Louis de La Chasseigne, public prosecutor of Nivernais.
Good to Know
A FEW OF OUR FAVOURITE PLACES & PEOPLE
- Closest train station (from Paris-Gare de Bercy) is Cosne-sur-Loire.
- Motorway A6>A77: exit 24 for Sancerre and Suilly-la-Tour, follow the signs for Suilly-la-Tour for 12 kilometers and at the entrance of the village you will see a sign on the left for Château des Granges.
Closest airport: Orly (2 hrs from Suilly-la-Tour)
Catering companies :
- John Verdier - Bue- 09 67 19 39 62
- Elan Traiteur - Sancerre- 02 48 54 35 80
- Hostellerie De La Poste - Clamecy- (Max 100 personnes) - 03 86 27 01 55
- Nicole Gevrey - 06 70 37 54 52- Sancerre
- Amanda Moritz ( langue = anglais) - +46 76 347 20 02 - International
- Studio le photographe - 09 53 89 63 28- Cosne-sur-Loire
- HD Sonorisation (Xavier Hussenot)
- 06 07 49 14 29 -
Wedding Planner :
- Symposion ( Lydia & Antoine Meyronnet)
- Charles Design - Sancerre
- Lea Fleurs - Pouilly-sur-Loire
- Things to Bloom - Cosne-sur-Loire
- Creatis - Cosne-sur-loire
- Maison Eric ROY - Auxerre
- Boulangerie Seutin - Narcy
- Boulangerie Bourgeois - Cosne-sur- Loire
- Odysseo - 06 25 19 61 93
Since the Château des Granges is close to the Loire, many hotels, guest rooms and rural lodgings are nearby.
The towns of Donzy, Pouilly-sur-Loire, Charité-sur-Loire, Sancerre, Cosne-sur-Loire are all less than 15 minutes from the castle.
For hotels you can contact the Michelin guide and the tourist offices of the five cities mentioned above.
For bed and breakfasts in France, you can visit: www.gites-de-france.com
In particular we recommend:
- For cosy bedrooms next to la Loire, we suggest Le Prieuré Saint-Agnan (www.prieuresaintagnan.com) in Cosne-sur-Loire, 13 minutes from Suilly-la-Tour.
- For spacious and comfortable guest rooms 12 minutes from the Château des Granges we recommend La Chancelière (www.la-chanceliere.com) in Saint-Satur on the banks of the Loire.
For modern and spacious rooms in the heart of the city of Sancerre, the boutique hotel Le Panoramic will seduce you with its exceptional view of Sancerre's vineyards and its wine bar and heated swimming pool.
For a charming village house, Les Hirondelles (www.airbnb.com/rooms/28427937) with heated swimming pool and garden is ideal for a couple. Located in Narcy, 11 minutes from the Château des Granges.
For some charming countryside houses: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/s/Suilly~la~Tour--France/
Few places in Suilly-la-tour :
- La begererie ( 4 people)
- Le jardin de Patricia ( 5 people)
- La maison de Marie-Lou ( 8 people)
- The Ship, a casual bistro and terrace overlooking La Loire (Saint Satur).
- La Tour is a culinary delight and Michelin star restaurant in the centre of Sancerre with a very reasonable lunch menu (Sancerre).
- L'Ardoise du Marché is a wonderful cosy and contemporary Michelin star restaurant (Boulleret).
- La Gaieté Léerenne is another local favourite (Léré).
- Sacripanti is a simple but delicious pizzeria with a terasse on a quiet side street just off the main square (Sancerre).
- Cafe Vélo for those looking to explore the Lorie by bicycle and in need of a pitstop for a delicious quiche, pulled pork sandwich, coffee and cake. Run by a former journalist for the Daily Telegraph (Nevers).
- Le Chat (Cosne-sur-Loire).
- Bistrot d'Anatole (Cosne-sur-Loire).
- Kayak (Loire Nature et Découverte).
- Castles & Gardens ( Château de Bazoche, Château d'Apremont, Château Corbelin).
- Château Saint Fargeau night show.
- Vineyards: Château de Favray, Château de Tracy, Cave Nerot, Château de la Doucette.
- Rafting: Morvan.
- Hot Air Balloon rides above Sancerre (Domaine Raimbault-Pineau).
Musee de la Chasse & Faience (Gien).
The Rental of The Renaissance Rooms and Coat of Arms Room
The rental includes the two rooms named: Renaissance Room and Coat of Arms Room, as well as the use of the space in front of the building for your cocktail party and reception.
The rental starts from Thursday to prepare your event until Sunday 5 p.m. to take advantage of a possible lunch.
Rectangular or round tables, chairs and armchairs are at your disposal free of charge.
On-site accommodation may be available for a maximum of 8 people.
We have also organized transport so that your guests can return to their hotel, the night of your wedding, for a flat rate of 10 euros.
You can dance until the early hours if you wish inside the Manor! We are isolated so that is not a problem!
Then, we do not impose the caterer. (On the other hand, we can advise you on the various caterers, cottages, hotels in the Nièvre and the Cher.)
We provide two houses (8 beds), 200 euros each from Thursday to Sunday 5 p.m. (sheets and towels not provided).
Price: 2200 euros for the two rooms for the 4 days.
If you want more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Mathilde : 00 44 (0) 7 940419896 (what app) and email: firstname.lastname@example.org